Traveling...
A week ago, Monday - Scott, Leo and I decided to try out our pickup camper. So, we put the camper on and packed up our camping gear. We went to Itasca State Park - just for the night. It went good for the most part - Leo slept through most everything during the day...but at midnight, he was ready to play! We tried to explain that quiet hours started at 10 o'clock - he didn't care:) We didn't have much room to try to walk him to sleep in the camper, but in the end Mom and Dad won:)
Here we are at our campfire...
Here we are at the beginning of the Mississippi River...
Our next adventure was to Duluth. Just Leo and I went to visit Mary, Jack, Kevin and Kris (friends from AZ) - Dad went home to Roseau to help Grandpa cut and bail hay. Leo and I had a great time! We spent most of the time there just visiting and laughing!
The 6 of us went up the North Shore to Gooseberry Falls one day...
(Kevin, Kris, Mary, Jack, Me and Leo)
Here we are on the rocks along Lake Superior...at Larsmont Cottages (where Scott and I went on our honeymoon!)
We were supposed to leave for Florian Park this weekend to go camping with the Petrowski's...unfortunately, we are at home! I have been fighting an infection in my groin and leg. Apparently, I had a clogged (and now, infected) sweat gland that needed to be opened up and drained - so I have a 4 inch incision along my groin and a staph infection halfway down my thigh. I am on some potent antibiotics. I have to go in for shots of antibiotics Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yuck! Hopefully, it will heal/clear up without any complications. It has been challenging to care for a 7 week old infant and deal with the pain and discomfort. Thank goodness, Leo is a good baby and that Scott has been home - he's been doing double the work these days!
Leo had his baby wellness appointment on Friday. The click in his hip cleared up on its own and he is a healthy 12 lb, 3 oz. boy! He has gained more than 4 pounds in the past 7 weeks! He is a big boy! I was really worried about him getting his immunization shots...but ended up being really worried about my own issues. Scott was with Leo in one room getting his shots - and I was in another room getting MY shots! Uggh...what a week?!?!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home