Prenatal Massage
For my birthday (in December), both Scott and my mom gave me gift certificates for a spa in Perham. I have been saving them for a special occasion. Last time I was there, I was so excited to find out that they do prenatal massages – the table they have has a removable middle section, so that pregnant women can lay on their stomachs and get rubbed down. So, last week I decided that it was a “special occasion” - and my sore hips and back needed a massage.
YES! A massage!! I get to lay on my stomach?!?! I have been dreaming of the day that I would be able to do that again. ONE HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES OF TOTAL RELAXATION! Life couldn’t get any better…right?
I love massages...so, don’t get me wrong - it really was fabulous. The first hour of it was great - I loved every minute of it! Then she had me flip onto my stomach. The table had a hole for my belly, but…really, it could have used 2 more holes (If you know what I mean?!?)…the “girls” being smashed for the last 30 minutes was not so pleasant! Oh well…I guess that is how it goes – I just traded one pain for another! It seems like this whole pregnancy has been like that…I get over one thing and something else pops up! Either way, If I had to do it all over again…I would (and I might)…
For the last 2-3 weeks, I have been having - contractions, I think... (Braxton Hicks?). They don't really hurt, but are just really uncomfortable. My entire belly gets rock hard and there is pressure down low. I have been trying to keep track of them - and it seems that I have anywhere from 3 to 10 of them in a day. They last about a minute. At first, I thought it was just the baby doing somersaults and moving around. But, I think it's different. My next doctor’s appointment is Monday (April 13th) - maybe Dr. Murdoch will have a better explanation for them...we will see.
We are off to Roseau for the long weekend. Happy Easter, everyone!

1 Comments:
funny tabitha!! When I had a massage it was on my side...and well worth it too!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home