Leo & Violet

Monday, December 22, 2008

Fa La La La...

Last week was a short working week for me. I only worked Tuesday and Friday. Monday was a snow day and then Wednesday and Thursday I was home sick with a cold. My morning sickness is gone, so…naturally, I had to get sick with a cold! The cold only lasted about 6 days, which is nothing when you compare it to 6 weeks of morning sickness! The best part - I got to stay home from work and watch the marathon of John and Kate Plus 8! Usually, I am all about watching HGTV - Rate My Space, Designed to Sell, What is my House Worth?, Property Virgins, House Hunters… Lately, I have found myself drawn to watching “baby” shows. I have become addicted to John and Kate Plus 8, The Baby Story, and Bringing Baby Home. Last Wednesday when I was home (and had COMPLETE control of the TV -something that rarely happens!), the Baby Story came on, so I decided to watch it! Bad move…I have now banned myself from watching that show! By the time the couple got to the hospital, I was crying so hard that I could hardly catch my breath! I swear, these hormones are taking over…and I have no control!

We had our monthly doctors appointment last Thursday. I have only gained 1 pound in the last month, which is hard to believe since I feel like I am getting bigger by the day! Scott says it is because my brain is shrinking - it counter balances the weight gain! (I hate to admit it, but he may be right on this one…I have become very forgetful and have started saying and doing strange things – things I would never had said or done before I got pregnant. ) We were able to hear the heartbeat for the 1st time! It sounded nothing like I had thought it would. It was really loud and fast…in the 160s. Before I left my doctors appointment, Nurse Jackie gave me a flu shot. I wasn't able to get it earlier in the fall, since I was in my 1st trimester. It was the most painful shot I have ever gotten! I swear…my arm is still sore - 5 days later. She had to jab me with the needle 3 or 4 times just to get it through the skin. It wasn’t pretty! All she said was, “You have some thick skin, girl!” Hmmm...

I recently have entered the “Advanced Maternal Age” category (It sounds so bad, doesn’t it?) Since I turned 35 a week ago and now fall into the “old” category, I was automatically referred for a level 2 ultrasound (3D). Since I will deliver in a small, rural hospital, they do this just as a precaution. We go to St. Cloud for the ultrasound on February 3rd.

This past weekend, I had lots of energy. I finished up the Christmas shopping, decorated both trees and the house - with 3 days to spare! I also braved the snow storm and went to get a pedicure. Scott thought I was crazy, but I figured it was time to take off the nail polish that was still on my toes from our wedding! It is hard to believe that just 3 months ago, we were standing up on the alter saying out vows…and now I have a baby the size of a peach inside of me! Wow! What will happen next?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I laughed when I read your comment about saying and doing things you never would have said or done before. I am exactly the same way!!

December 23, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home