Leo & Violet

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

1 month later...

Wow! It has been a month since I have updated this blog! A lot of stuff has happened...Let's see if I can remember it all:

1. Leo turned 11 months - and, if you can believe it - I didn't get my monthly photo! I thought about it a million times, but just didn't ever get time to take it! I did take many other photos - I guess I will have to substitute a different one...


2. We went up to Lake of the Woods for Memorial Day weekend. We spent the weekend at Cyrus Resort with our friends, Dave and Megan. Many of Scott's relatives were at a nearby resort, so we were able to visit with them as well! Unfortuately, Scott ended up with the flu (we think). He wasn't able to fish much because every time he went out in the boat he got sick!

3. The 2009-2010 school year came to an end...yah! For those that don't know - I resigned from my job in Park Rapids to go back to my old position in Wadena. Although I will miss many things about PR, I am REALLY excited to be closer to Leo during the day and be able to spend almost 3 hours more a day with him!

4. We spent a weekend in Ely, MN for Marshall and Michelle's wedding. I was the photographer for the weekend - so I have almost 1000 pictures! Here is the picture of the entire Petrowski clan and then one of Scott, Leo and I:





Evy, Eric, Alex and Audra flew in from Denver for the wedding, so we extended the trip by going to Duluth with the Petrowski's. Although it was a bit chaotic - and why wouldn't it be - with 6 families - 21 people - we had such a fun time! We had amazingly beautiful weather and were able to be outside the entire time! We went to Goosberry Falls for an afternoon, rented carts and biked along the boardwalk in Duluth, watched tons of boats come through the canal, played down on Park Point, and swam in the rooftop pool... It was a great trip - we were so thankful to be able to have everyone together for the long weekend!






5. Leo started boycotting formula AND bottles - so, instead of fighting it - we went straight to whole milk and sippy cups! Cold turkey! No more bottles! No more formula! Yippee! He is doing really well with it - some days are better than others, but overall, he is drinking, drinking, drinking!

6. Leo continues to teethe! He is getting the next 2 bottom teeth and his molars. He is chewing on EVERYTHING - furniture, toys, people, shoes - anyting that he can fit in his mouth!

7. Wadena was hit by a tornado on June 17th - destroying the southwest part of town. We were only 1 block from the path that the tornado came through town - we were safe in the basement and have relatively little damage to our house. Two big trees fell in our yard, damaging our roof and our neighbor's two garages. Compared to the rest of the area, we were extremely lucky! Most of our friends live in the area hit the hardest - all are safe, but have major damage to their homes. Our daycare mom, Gail, lost her house to the tornado. Thank God that her and the 3 kids that were still at her house were safe in the basement! It was amazing how quickly the tornado came through and destroyed homes, schools, parks, and businesses! My heart goes out to all of those that lost everything!

My sister and I were talking on the phone on and off before the storm. She was the first person I was able to get ahold of. Her and my nephew, Jon, snuck into town right after the tornado hit to bring us a generator and a chain saw - they took Leo back to their house for the night. Scott's sister, Stacey (and Devin and Maddie) drove to our cousin's house in Detroit Lakes that night and then snuck into town with me the next day to help us clean up! We had many offers for help, places to stay, etc. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This experience really made us appreciate each other, our family and our friends more than ever - and realize how lucky we are to have we all of you in our lives...


8. Scott got to celebrate his 1st Father's Day! Being only 3 days after the tornado, it wasn't quite as relaxing of a day for him as I had hoped. We did get our power back on that morning and were able to go back to living at home - that made the day much nicer for all of us!

9. Despite the craziness at home - Leo and I decided to still go to Phoenix to visit my friends, Mary and Kris. Leo is having a great time with Mary's two boys, Jack and Kevin, and is crazy about their black lab, Montana! He crawls all over Montana and says, "dog" constantly! I will update with photos when I get back of our trip on Thursday...and then Leo's 1st birthday on Friday! Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home