Leo & Violet

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Infamous Baby Leo...

Last week was a big week for us...

Scott finished his action research paper and now has his Master's Degree in Education!!! Yippee! He worked really hard the last few weeks to finish before school started- he mailed the final hardcopy the Friday before!! Leo and I are so proud of him! His goal was to finish it before the school year started so that he would get his pay raise. His exact words were, "I have to finish my Master's program so that I can pay for daycare!" So true...

Speaking of daycare...Scott and I had to go back to work last week and Leo started daycare. I knew the first day was going to be tough, but I thought that I would at least make it to daycare before I started crying - boy, was I wrong! As I was putting Leo into his carseat, he gave me the biggest smile and I LOST IT! Scott had to finish packing him up. I cried the whole way to school and for the first 3 hours of my day. It isn't even that I want to stay home - I just don't want to be away from him for that long! To make things worse - Leo decided that he isn't going to eat for Gail. The first day he ate 7 ounces in 10 hours. The second day he ate less than 4 ounces...and yesterday he ate 4 1/2 ounces. She says that he is perfect - he naps, he smiles, he loves watching the other kids, he doesn't fuss - until she tries to feed him! Then he screams, turns red and shakes his fists! He just doesn't want to eat!!! I am hoping that he adjusts quickly and starts to eat a bit more - so I can stop worrying so much.
Here is Leo on his first day of daycare. Does he look happy to be up at 6:45 am?!?


Leo and another infant (Nicholas - 10 months old) are the only boys at daycare. All the other kids are girls - and they LOVE Baby Leo! For WEEKS, they have been waiting for Baby Leo to start daycare. Now that he is there, they talk to Leo all day long! When they get to daycare they all say "Hi Baby Leo!" and everytime they see me, they say, "Hi baby Leo's mom!" It's pretty cute!

Other big news: Leo he has always been a good sleeper -but within the past week, Leo has started sleeping through the night! He usually sleeps for 5-6 hours, but twice he has slept for 8 hours!!! Perfect timing, huh?

I took a picture of Leo the other day while he was laying (and rocking) on the ottoman. When I looked back at earlier pictures, I found one for comparison. I had no idea how much Leo has grown since he was born. Look how big he has gotten!
Here he is only 4 days old...
Here he is 10 weeks old..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home