5 months later...
VIOLET: Last week, we started feeding Violet rice cereal. She seems to like it most days...some days, she likes it so much, that I have to mix up a 2nd bowl for her! She is sitting up on her own and is starting to roll over! She likes jumping in her Johnny Jump Up and moving around the house in her walker. She also LOVES her Big Brother, Leo! He can make her giggle doing the silliest little things...
Here are her 5 months photos I took yesterday (8/28/2011):
LEO: We have been working on potty training Leo for about a few weeks now. Leo LOVES candy, so he gets 1 piece of candy if he tries - 2 pieces if he pees - and a starburst (or "gum"...as he calls it) if he poops! He is doing pretty good so far - most days he is able to stay dry if we regularly take him to "make it rain"...inside, outside...wherever we are! He isn't quite to the point of telling us when he has to go to the bathroom. When he does, he is usually peeing while he is telling us he has to go! Throughout all of this, we found out that he is allergic to something in Pull-ups, so we have been fighting a horrible diaper rash. After 2 visits to the doctor, steroids, medicated creams and switching brands of pull-ups, we have determined that he just cannot wear them. SO...he is in underware 24/7...which is tricky, since he isn't totally trained yet! We were hoping to have this done before school started...high hopes, I guess!?! This may be a long process...
Yesterday, we had this conversation:
L: Mom, I want candy! (whinning)
M: No more candy today.
L: Mom, I Want Candy! (crying)
M: Leo, I already told you...no more candy. You have had enough sweets today.
L: MOM, I WANT CANDY! (sobbing)
M: Nope. Sorry. Why don't you go in the livingroom and play with your tractors?!
L: NO!
He stood there for a minute, smiled and ran to the bathroom as he said "I go potty then!"
L: Mom, I want candy! (whinning)
M: No more candy today.
L: Mom, I Want Candy! (crying)
M: Leo, I already told you...no more candy. You have had enough sweets today.
L: MOM, I WANT CANDY! (sobbing)
M: Nope. Sorry. Why don't you go in the livingroom and play with your tractors?!
L: NO!
He stood there for a minute, smiled and ran to the bathroom as he said "I go potty then!"
GUESS WHO GOT CANDY????
Here he is in his big boy underware. So proud of them!
After 5 months and 1 day off for Maternity Leave, I am back at work! Today was my first workshop day. Scott doesn't start until Wednesday, so he was home with the kids while I worked. I can't believe it...this time next week, we will be back to full-time work and daycare! Time goes too fast!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home